Welcome to Opun’s Terms and Conditions of Use.
First of all, a big thank you for choosing to make your home better by using Opun.
If you don’t agree with these Terms then please don’t use the Site.
Our aim is always to make it as easy as possible for you to arrange and undertake improvements to your home, and we put you and your home at the centre of everything we do.
We may be able to respond quickly if you have an urgent Job. However, please note that the Opun Service is not an emergency service.
If you have any queries, at first instance we advise that you contact your Trade Partner directly via the Portal.
Should the Trade Partner not be in a position to resolve your query, or should your query relate to the Trade Partner, please contact us via the Portal.
As a User of the Site you agree not to:
- use the Site in a manner that harasses, annoys, threatens or intimidates other users;
- use the Site or access to it for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose;
- use the Site or access to it to impersonate any person or entity, or to falsely state or otherwise misrepresent its affiliation with any person or entity;
- interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or access to it;
- use the Site in any way that is connected with spamming, phishing, trolling or any similar activities;
- transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site or access to it any virus, worm, Trojan horse, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment;
- restrict or inhibit the ability of any other person to access or use the Site;
- modify, adapt or translate any portion of the Site;
- remove, obscure or modify any copyright, trade mark, or other proprietary rights notice from the Site;
- use any robot, spider, search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape”, “data mine”, or in any way gather or reproduce the Site or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site; and
- use the Site for purposes that are not permitted in these Terms.
- We reserve the right to exercise whatever lawful means we deem necessary to prevent unauthorised access to or use of the Site including, but not limited to, technological barriers, IP mapping, and contacting your Internet Service Provider (ISP) regarding such unauthorised use.
- Users of the Site can create an Account via the Portal. Your Account on the Site is personal to you. You may not authorise others to use your Account. You may not assign or transfer your Account to any other individual.
- By using the Site you agree to grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free and transferrable right to use any Content you upload via the Portal so that we may provide the Opun Services to you.
- You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of your Account.
- All notices which are required to be given from time to time under these Terms shall be sent using the Portal and shall be deemed to have been served when actually received.
- If any provision or term of these Terms shall become or be declared illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever including, but without limitation, by reason of the provisions of any legislation or other provisions having the force of law or by reason of any decision of any court or other body or authority having jurisdiction over the parties of these Terms such terms or provisions shall be divisible from these Terms and shall be deemed to be deleted from these Terms.
- We may amend these Terms from time to time. If we do, we will publish the changes on the Site. Please review the Site periodically for changes to these Terms. The amended Terms will take effect 30 days from the date on which we publish the amendments on our Site, and from then on will govern the relationship between you and us in respect of your use of the Site. If you do not agree with the amended Terms, you must not continue to use the Site after the date on which the amendments take effect.
- The failure to exercise or delay in exercising a right or remedy provided to us under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy, and no waiver by us of any breach of these Terms constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision. Each of our rights or remedies under these Terms are without prejudice to any of our other rights or remedies under these Terms or at law.
- These Terms shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and all disputes, claims or proceedings between us and any party relating to the validity, construction or performance of these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- The terms “you”and “your” refer to you as a User and/or Customer of the Site, as the context dictates;
- The terms “we”, “us”, “our”, and “Opun” refer to Opun Limited;
- “Account” means the User’s account created via the Portal;
- “Content” means text, images, photos, audio, video, and all other forms of data and/or communication;
- “Customer” means a User who has requested a Job through the Site;
- “Job” means a job to be performed at a Property utilising the Opun Services requested by a Customer;
- “Opun Service” means the home improvement, maintenance and repair services and any other incidental services offered on the Site;
- “Portal” means the portal via which a User can access his/her Account;
- “Property” means a residential property in the United Kingdom;
- “Site” means the Opun website (www.opun.co.uk);
- “Trade Partner” means a trades provider engaged by us whose ordinary course of business is the provision of home improvement, maintenance and/or repair services and any incidental services;
- “Terms” means these Site Terms & Conditions of Use; and
- “User” means someone who accesses, browses, crawls or in any way uses the Site.
- The Site is owned and operated by Opun Limited, a company registered in England whose registered office is at: 130 Wood Street, London, EC2V 6DL. Company Registration No. 9252636, VAT No. 206 0867 23